Friday, September 29, 2006

Hi all,

I'm blogging from a major PA hospital, one of the physicians I work with was interested in blogging, so this was a little demonstration.

It's really interesting to see the number of doctors that are blogging, especially in my area of cardiac electrophysiology. I've enjoyed reading DrWes commentary regarding EP news...

There's something to be said for the power of blogging that enables everybody to be their own news analyst, and the ability to form communities (like the band of doctors who blog about medicine and science)... it reminds me of the old BBS days with the message boards. Interesting how we've come full circle, from local BBS's to local BBS with national message boards, to the Internet, which seemed to have killed off the local BBS's, and now the Internet with forums and blogs, which is similar to an "international" BBS

No comments: