Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'm going to Africa!

In today's news, I'm finally visiting Africa. August 1st is Swiss national day, and is a holiday at our office. Conveniently, it lands on a Friday, giving me a long-extended weekend. I've been meaning to take a trip to North Africa, and just yesterday, I booked my tickets to Marrakech, Morroco. I'm excited! Still trying to get some INSEAD folks to go with me, but it seems that a bunch in Geneva have already gone.

My carrier: LCC EasyJet (ie, CrazyJet). Let's hope this time, I don't get stuck coming back like I did in athens. That's another story for another post..

Meanwhile, in other news: the EasyJet reference reminded me of this satirical article I read in the WSJ, finding new ways to generate revenues for the mainline US airlines (much like EasyJet... at least there, I know I'm flying a budget Carrer)..

My favorite quote:

- C'mon. My BlackBerry is not going to bring the plane down. I don't know of a single documented case of a consumer electronic device interfering with a plane's avionics. If they did, al Qaeda would just fly around with iPods. Since we don't fear an iBomber, why not just let me use my BlackBerry as much as I want, whenever I want. (I do anyway.) This one would be free, because it would be offset by negating the need for the flight attendant to expend energy cruising the aisle before takeoff searching for perps, like a prison guard working the tiers of Sing Sing

Link: My Plan to Help the Airlines

No comments: