Tuesday, September 02, 2008

How Much I've missed Singapore..

It's really amazing to think that Singapore is feeling like home to me now. When I arrived last week, I felt like I was returning home. I knew where to go to get cash in the airport, taking the taxi back to Dover felt so natural, Today, as I walked to the bank, I wondered what it would feel like to close my DBS bank account at the end of my term here, the only permanent symbol of my time here in Singapore.

In that first week, walking into INSEAD, seeing all my old friends was a great experience. It's funny to think that some of these people I haven't seen in 4 months, but it seemed just like yesterday when we last spoke. Happily and sadly, we'll be graduating in 4 months, and it may be a long time until I see these people again...

P4 is definitely a different experience, I think everybody is a bit more relaxed, nobody is jockeying for position like in P1-P2, when you're trying to establish your reputation.

It's now recruiting season, as companies come for on-campus recruiting, and you definitely see the change in people. Students are dressed better, everybody is studying/preparing for case interviews, and the general mode has become a lot more professional. We're definitely entering the job market at a difficult time, and there will be lots of competition for positions, but thinking back, these past 8 months have been an incredible experience, and I'll be very sad to say goodbye to this place and all my friends/colleagues here.

No comments: