Sunday, January 13, 2008

Week 1 - all done

I've never been so busy! Completed my first week on Saturday (yes, Saturday) because we had classes on Saturday. That was rough, going 8:30 - 5:30, and although that seems like my normal work hours at home, I was mentally exhausted at the end of the day. This whole week feels like two weeks compressed into one. First I had all these exams (language and statistics exemption), so studying for that was stressful.. but hopefully I'll have passed the language test. The stats one... on the other hand... I had a poor showing. Yes, I know, I should have done better, at one point, I knew how to do the problems, but I couodn't remember the steps. Oh well - at least that class should be a guaranteed A

The one thing I've realized here is that you quickly need to prioritize and make choices. Bain (one of the large consulting companies) was doing a party for all the new students.. I was considering consulting as an option, but then, my parents were here at the same time, and I had been very focused on VC. You just have to make a step, choose, and be happy with it. these past few days, I've been thinking about the choices I've made (whether to do one thing or another, whether to go to one info session or not, etc), and hoped it was the right one. Never before has making a choice become so ... important, especially when each choice you make will set you along a particular path / career....

No comments: